Door County Cherry Chicken Salad
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts - cooked and shredded or diced
- 1 cup dried Door County cherries
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons red onion - finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans - toasted (optional)
- 1 to 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- In a large bowl whisk together 1 cup mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper.
- Toss in remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- If mixture seems a little dry, add a little more mayonnaise.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Chill for 2 to 4 hours before serving.
- Great on croissants or in flour tortilla wraps with a bit of lettuce.
- Also delicious served in melon halves or over a bed of spring mix lettuce.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.