- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces each) condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar (24 to 26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese - divided
- Your favorite pizza toppings like sliced pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives, and diced green peppers
- In a big soup pan, brown beef over medium high until crumbly and no longer pink.
- Drain any grease.
- Season beef with oregano and a little salt and pepper.
- Stir in soup, water, and spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and whisk in 1 cup of cheese.
- If soup gets too thick, add a little extra water.
- Serve soup in bowls with extra cheese on top and your favorite pizza toppings.
Also fun to serve with Pizza flavored Gold Fish crackers sprinkled on top! Great served with garlic bread for dunking!
Calories: 595kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 1793mg | Potassium: 1686mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 1699IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 358mg | Iron: 5mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Thanks a lot for your recipe on Pizza soup. I can’t wait to try this homemade food.
This is the 2nd time I have made this soup! My boys, who are 10, 8, and 6 LOVE it! They ask for it! I serve the soup with a small salad and bread on the side. I love that I don’t have to hear, “Ew, what’s this?”, or, “I’m not eating this.” Everytime I make a Cooking Mom recipe, it’s always a winner! I also LOVE that I don’t have to buy fancy ingredients to make your recipes. I usually have the ingredients right in the pantry, or it would be items I usually purchase anyhow. Thank you for supplying recipes “regular” families can make and LOVE!
Thanks for sharing Janell! Glad you you think it’s a winner! We love it too! -Amy
Oh, my goodness–I can’t imagine how much sodium is in this recipe, it must be a ridiculous amount. I don’t think it’s healthy.
My family loved it. We did not have any leftovers!
Thank you for this recipe! I heard you on the Joy Cardinal show this morning and couldn’t stop thinking about soup all day! This soup is fantastic!
5 stars 🙂
Do you add the toppings to the soup, or eat them plain on the side?
Hi Jim. Your favorite pizza toppings get sprinkled on top. I like to set up a little fixin’s bar so everyone can spinkle on what they like! Thanks! -Amy
Wish you had used ground turkey instead of beef. Much healthier and much better tasting.
Hi Ann. Ground turkey works great too in this recipe! Great idea!