- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla - divided
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 to 1 cup crushed ginger snap cookies - optional
- Use a mixer to beat cream cheese until there are no lumps.
- Beat in brown sugar until well combined.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon vanilla, spices and pumpkin until smooth.
- In another bowl use a mixer to beat heavy cream with remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla and powdered sugar until stiff peaks.
- Fold three-quarters of the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve mousse with a large dollop of the remaining whipped topping and top and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
You can also fold in a little less of the whipped cream and instead layer the pumpkin mousse with whipped cream in pretty glasses, small canning jars, or dessert shooter glasses. For a crunch, sprinkle some crushed ginger snap cookies on the bottom and/or on the top of the mousse right before serving. You can also use Cool Whip in place of the real whipped cream but, cut the brown sugar back to 1/3 of a cup in the recipe.
Calories: 625kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 123mg | Potassium: 333mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 11278IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.