Cranberry Orange Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 box (15 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Zest from one large orange
- 24 paper muffin liners
- Sugared Cranberries - optional
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese - softened
- 1 stick butter - softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Coarsely chop cranberries.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed just until combined. Then, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold in chopped cranberries and the orange zest. Put liners in muffin tins. Fill cups two-thirds of the way.
- Bake cupcakes in a preheated 350 degree oven for 18 to 22 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- Cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting.
- It looks really pretty when you decorate the top of each cupcake with a few Sugared Cranberries.
- Edible glitter from a cake decorating store sprinkled on top makes them sparkle.
- So pretty!
- Refrigerate cupcakes until ready to serve.
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions:
- Use a mixer to beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually add 3 cups of powdered sugar and beat until smooth. if it's not the right consistency, add a bit more powdered sugar.
- Use a knife or piping bag to frost cupcakes.
To make it easy, I use a food processor to chop the cranberries. Just pulse a couple times.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 39mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.