Italian Sausage Kabobs
- 6 pre-cooked Italian Sausages - sliced in 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 1 onion - sliced into chunks
- 1 green peppers - cut in chunks
- 1 red peppers - cut in chunks
- 1 1/2 cups Zesty Italian Salad dressing
- 5 to 6 long skewers
- Marinara sauce
- Toss veggies with 1 cup of the Italian dressing.
- Let marinate for at least an hour or up to 8 hours in the fridge.
- Alternately thread sausage pieces, onions, and peppers onto skewers.
- If using wooden skewers make sure to soak in water at least a few hours.
- Grill kabobs, brushing with the remaining Italian dressing until peppers and onions start to soften and sausages get browned.
- Serve kabobs with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
- Makes 5 to 6 kabobs.
Besides onions and peppers, you can use other veggies like sliced zucchini, yellow summer squash and cherry tomatoes. If using uncooked Italian sausages, simmer them in a pan on the stove in a mixture of beer and water for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool a bit and then slice into chunks.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 6206mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 695IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.