Best Ever Layered Salad
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce - cores removed
- 2 cups finely diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen peas - thawed
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts - drained
- 1/2 pound bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard-boiled eggs - chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a bowl whisk first 5 ingredients together until smooth.
- In a 9 x 13 inch glass pan or big casserole dishl layer large chunks lettuce, then celery, peas, water chestnuts, and eggs.
- Then carefully spread dressing over the top like you’re frosting a cake.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese, bacon, tomatoes and green onion on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill. If using a pan, cut into squares when ready to serve.
- This salad can be made several hours before serving but, it’s best if it’s served the day you make it.
Sometimes I like to use 4 hearts of romaine lettuce instead of iceberg. Same great crunch but better for you. I chop it in large chunks. You can also layer this salad in mini trifle dishes, clear glass canning jars, or even clear plastic cups. That way everyone gets their own salad!
Calories: 701kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 23g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 1209mg | Potassium: 556mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1619IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 315mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.