Beer Boiled Shrimp
- 2 to 3 cups water
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) beer
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled
- 2 to 3 pounds shrimp
- 2 lemons
- Combine water, beer, garlic, a few slices of lemon and seasonings in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add shrimp.
- Cover; remove from heat and let stand 5 to 8 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain and chill shrimp.
- Serve chilled with Seriously Good Cocktail Sauce and lemon wedges.
Calories: 76kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.