Green Beans with Red Pepper and Almonds
- 2 pounds fresh green beans - washed and trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper - diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic - minced
- 1/4 cup butter - divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Boil beans in water with a pinch of salt for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain beans and plunge into ice water for a few seconds.
- Drain beans again and pat dry.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet.
- Add almonds to the skillet.
- Cook over medium-low heat a few minutes until nuts are toasted and golden.
- In another large skillet heat olive oil.
- Cook red peppers in the oil for a minute or two.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet until it just melts.
- Toss in beans and cook until they are just heated.
- Season beans with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Serve beans and red peppers with the toasted almonds on top.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 393mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1265IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.