- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pkg. (12oz.) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 large tart apples - peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts - toasted
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat, bring sugar and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncover, for 3 minutes.
- Carefully, stir in the cranberries, apples, onion, raisins, brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, salt, allspice, and cloves.
- Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncover, for 20-25 minutes or until desired thickness, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts.
- Serve warm or cold.
It’s good on bagels with cream cheese, and toast, too.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 596mg | Potassium: 408mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 63g | Vitamin A: 64IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.