Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
- 1 (16-oz) package dried green split peas - rinsed
- 1 meaty ham bone or 2 cups diced ham
- 2 to 3 cups peeled and diced potatoes - optional
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 to 3 ribs celery - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given, adding the stock last.
- Cover and cook on high 4—5 hours or on low 8—10 hours until peas are very soft and ham falls off the bone.
- Stir. Season with a little salt and pepper if needed.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.