Brown Sugar and Mustard Glazed Ham
- 6 pound ham
- 1 cup brown sugar - firmly packed
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 6 pineapple slices
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 maraschino cherries - optional
- Plain wooden toothpicks - (optional)
- 6 ounces coke
- Heavy-duty foil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a roasting pan with a piece or two of heavy-duty aluminum foil large enough to wrap the ham in.
- If you want, you can score the ham into a crosshatch pattern and stud the intersections of the crosshatches with whole cloves.
- Mix 1 cup of the brown sugar and mustard together to form a thick paste and smear it all over the ham.
- Add pineapple slices to the ham and using a toothpick, decorate the center of the pineapples with a cherry.
- Pour the coke carefully over and around the ham, pull the foil up loosely around the ham and bring it together.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes per pound, or until the center of the ham reaches 140 degrees on an instant read thermometer, basting occasionally.
- You can unwrap the ham and place it under the broiler to brown for a few minutes if you want.
- Slice ham and serve with the pan sauce.
Calories: 981kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 74g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 27g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Cholesterol: 211mg | Sodium: 4219mg | Potassium: 1089mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.