Best Ever Lemon Chicken
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Fresh grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 whole cut up chicken
- 1 whole lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Warm oil in small sauce pan over medium low heat, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.Turn off the heat and add white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Pour sauce into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. If grilling, use a foil baking pan.
- Place chicken pieces skin side up over the sauce.
- Brush chicken with some of the olive oil mixture and sprinkle with additional salt & pepper.
- Tuck lemon wedges in with the chicken.
- Bake chicken in oven or grill chicken in foil pan over indirect heat for 45 minutes to an hour until chicken is cooked through.
- Baste chicken every once in a while with the sauce.
- Serve chicken with the sauce on top.
- Garnish with lemons if desired.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.