Best Ever Lemon Chicken
Best Ever Lemon Chicken
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Fresh grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 whole cut up chicken
- 1 whole lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Warm oil in small sauce pan over medium low heat, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.Turn off the heat and add white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Pour sauce into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. If grilling, use a foil baking pan.
- Place chicken pieces skin side up over the sauce.
- Brush chicken with some of the olive oil mixture and sprinkle with additional salt & pepper.
- Tuck lemon wedges in with the chicken.
- Bake chicken in oven or grill chicken in foil pan over indirect heat for 45 minutes to an hour until chicken is cooked through.
- Baste chicken every once in a while with the sauce.
- Serve chicken with the sauce on top.
- Garnish with lemons if desired.
You can also use chicken breast or thighs. Great served with rice, potatoes or pasta with the lemony sauce spooned order the top.
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 0.4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 0.1mg | Sodium: 583mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0.4g | Vitamin A: 47IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Sounds good and I’m going to try it.
My wife has a lemon chicken recipe that is a family fav. Uses a lot for parties.
Like yours because I prefer bone in breast.
Thanks for the alternative !
My wife has a similar recipe that is a big favorite and she uses for parties. Difference in hers is that the chicken is skinless/boneless and browned before baking.
I have a preference for skin on/bone in breasts so like your alternative idea.
My wife has a lemon chicken recipe that is a big favorite and she uses a lot for large quantities. Difference in her’s is the chicken is boneless/skinless and browned before baking.
Would like to try your version as I have a preference for bone-in breasts.
Thanks for the alternative idea !