Hungarian Sausage Soup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 6 medium potatoes - peeled and diced into one inch chunks
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups sour cream - divided
- 1 ring kielbasa - chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- In a big soup pan, add stock, potatoes, onion, tomatoes with juice and caraway seeds.
- Season with a little salt and pepper. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook another 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Turn down heat and whisk in one cup sour cream.
- Taste to see if more salt and pepper are needed.
- Serve in bowls with extra sour cream and chopped parsley on top.
- Great with rye or pumpernickel bread for dunking.
Calories: 625kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 1857mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1093IU | Vitamin C: 79mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.