- 4 to 5 grilled brats - sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1/2 a green pepper - sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 a yellow or red pepper - sliced into thin strips
- 1 small onion - sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 to 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 sub rolls - split
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons German or Dijon Mustard
- Heat butter or oil in a skillet.
- Cook onions for a few minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add peppers and cook until they start to get a little soft.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix together mayo and mustard.
- Spread mayo mixture on sub rolls.
- Fill rolls with sliced brats, peppers, and onions.
- Top with a slice or two of cheese.
- Place subs on a foiled lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese melts and rolls get toasted.
- You can also wrap subs in foil and toast them on the grill for a few minutes.
Calories: 721kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 15g | Monounsaturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 1347mg | Potassium: 363mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 893IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 11mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.