Terrific Taco Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 ounces) rotel tomatoes - chopped
- 1 large bag (12 ounces) your favorite flavor Doritos - slightly crushed
- 3 to 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Your favorite taco fixin’s (sour cream, black olives, diced tomatoes, salsa, shredded lettuce)
- Brown ground beef in a large pan.
- Add onions and green pepper.
- Cook until beef is no longer pink and crumbly.
- Drain any grease.
- Add taco seasoning and water and cook a few minutes.
- Stir in cream of mushroom soup and tomatoes with juice.
- Heat and stir until well mixed.
- Place a quarter of the crushed Doritos in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spoon half of the ground beef mixture on top of the chips.
- Repeat layer, saving half of the chips. Top with cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Uncover, top with remaining crushed Doritos and bake another 10 to 15 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite taco fixin’s like shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives and sour cream on top.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.