Skillet Pasta Pizza
- 1 pound Bulk sweet or hot Italian Sausage
- 1 to 2 tbsp Olive oil - optional
- 1/2 cup Finely diced onion - optional
- 1/2 cup Finely diced green pepper - optional
- 1/4 cup Pepperoni
- 2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Diced tomatoes with basil garlic and oregano
- 4 cups Water
- 1 box (16 ounces) Cups rotini pasta
- 2 to 3 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large oven-proof skillet brown sausage over medium-high heat until crumbly.
- If using onions and peppers add the skillet. If there aren’t enough drippings from the sausage add bit of olive oil.
- Cook the veggies with the sausage for a few minutes untl they just start to get soft.
- Stir in oregano, basil, and garlic powder and cook for another minute.
- Add both cans tomato sauce, canned tomatoes with juice, water and pasta.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover pan with a tight fitting lid and reduce heat, simmering until pasta is cooked through, and most of the sauce has cooked away, about 10 to 14 minutes.
I like to make this dish in my 12-inch non-stick casserole pan. It’s great because it comes with a tight-fitting lid. Plus, this makes a big batch and it all fits in there. I serve it right out of the pan. Just one pan to wash and clean up is a breeze!
Calories: 754kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 1977mg | Potassium: 1259mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1378IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 296mg | Iron: 5mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.