Skillet Pasta Pizza
Skillet Pasta Pizza
- 1 pound Bulk sweet or hot Italian Sausage
- 1 to 2 tbsp Olive oil - optional
- 1/2 cup Finely diced onion - optional
- 1/2 cup Finely diced green pepper - optional
- 1/4 cup Pepperoni
- 2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Diced tomatoes with basil garlic and oregano
- 4 cups Water
- 1 box (16 ounces) Cups rotini pasta
- 2 to 3 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large oven-proof skillet brown sausage over medium-high heat until crumbly.
- If using onions and peppers add the skillet. If there aren’t enough drippings from the sausage add bit of olive oil.
- Cook the veggies with the sausage for a few minutes untl they just start to get soft.
- Stir in oregano, basil, and garlic powder and cook for another minute.
- Add both cans tomato sauce, canned tomatoes with juice, water and pasta.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover pan with a tight fitting lid and reduce heat, simmering until pasta is cooked through, and most of the sauce has cooked away, about 10 to 14 minutes.
I like to make this dish in my 12-inch non-stick casserole pan. It’s great because it comes with a tight-fitting lid. Plus, this makes a big batch and it all fits in there. I serve it right out of the pan. Just one pan to wash and clean up is a breeze!
Calories: 754kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 1977mg | Potassium: 1259mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1378IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 296mg | Iron: 5mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Hi Amy – first of all I Love your blog! Thank you! Some of your recipes shared are similar to ones that I have, I always look forward to what you post because I know there will be something I will want to make 😉 Excited to make the skillet pasta pizza for my grandkids however, my 6 year old granddaughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 6 months ago. We need to count her carbs as she is insulin dependent. Do you know how we can figure this out? I am hoping there is an app that is out there that we can use to help with recipes?!
Thank you in advance.
Could you freeze leftovers? And if so what temp and how long would u heat in oven? Thx