Slow Cooker Hot Turkey Sandwiches
- 3 to 5 pound turkey breast - bone-in
- 2 packets dry turkey gravy mix
- 1 can (10.25 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken stock or 1/2 cup of each
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme or poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the gravy mix, can of soup, wine or stock, thyme or poultry seasoning, and pepper until smooth.
- Pour into the slow cooker.
- Season turkey breast with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the turkey breast into the gravy mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the turkey to a cutting board, allow to cool enough to handle.
- Remove skin and discard. Shred up the turkey.
- Strain gravy in slow cooker if needed.
- Put turkey back in slow cooker with the gravy.
- Stir and serve.
- Great served in buns.
- This is also delicious served over mashed potatoes and/or stuffing.
If using a 5 pound or bigger turkey breast you may want to increase the amount of gravy. Just add an additional 1 cup of chicken stock or water, an extra dry gravy mix packet, and a can of cream of chicken soup to the slow cooker.
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 226mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 53IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.