Quick Steak Chili
- 1 1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A few dashes hot sauce
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans - drained
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Brown steak on all sides.
- Add onion and cook a few minutes.
- Add all seasoning and cook another minute.
- Add water and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Add beans.
- Turn down heat and simmer low for 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with your favorite chili toppings.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 866mg | Potassium: 845mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1687IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.