Bacon ‘n Cheese Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
- 1 (10 to 12 inch) center cut beef tenderloin
- 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 8 to 12 strips bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt or garlic salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Make a cut down the center of the beef to make a pocket.
- Do not cut all the way through.
- Season pocket with garlic salt or salt and pepper.
- Stuff pocket with bacon and cheese.
- Close pocket to keep the stuffing in with plain wooden toothpicks or kitchen string.
- Drizzle the roast with some olive oil.
- Season outside of roast well with garlic salt or salt and pepper.
- Roast uncovered 30 to 50 minutes until internal temperature reads 135 degrees for medium rare or higher if you like it more well done.
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil.
- Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
Not a fan if bleu cheese? You can use crumbled feta cheese or even shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese. Use whatever cheese you like!
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 681mg | Potassium: 182mg | Sugar: 0.2g | Vitamin A: 274IU | Calcium: 181mg | Iron: 0.4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.