Skillet Cordon Bleu
Skillet Cordon Bleu
- 4 chicken breasts - boneless, skinless
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Season chicken with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet.
- Cook chicken in skillet until brown on both sides and juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add wine or stock to the pan.
- Turn up heat and bring to a simmer, stirring up any of those great brown bits on the bottom.
- Add soup and milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add chicken back to the pan.
- Top each piece with 2 slices of ham.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese on top of the ham.
- Cover skillet and cook for a few minutes until cheese melts.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Great with hot cooked and buttered egg noodles or rice.
Calories: 506kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 908mg | Potassium: 1032mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 632IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 354mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Super easy and tasty! The family loved it!
You should do the Chicken Al Kiev (spelling?) recipe. Its amazing bought but i think it would be more fun to try making it myself
I will work on it! I love it too! All that butter inside!
I went out & bought the ingredients today…can’t wait to make it tonight..!!
Sounds so good…
I made this the day after it aired. It was excellent and super simple. Thanks for another great recipe!!!
You are so welcome, Laurie. This one is on my table often.