Tuna Muffin Melts
- 4 english muffins - split and lightly toasted
- 3 cans (6 ounces) albacore tuna in water - drained
- 2 stalks celery - finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions - divided
- 1/4 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill - optional
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 slices American or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange the split muffins on a cookie sheet which has been lined with foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna with celery, half the scallions, red pepper, lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon tuna mixture evenly over the muffins.
- Top each with a slice of tomato and a slice of cheese.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle each with extra green onion before serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.