Skillet Shrimp Jambalaya
- 1 pound andouille or smoked sausage - sliced into pieces
- 1 green pepper - diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (or a bit more if you like it spicy)
- 2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups converted white rice
- 1 pound uncooked and peeled shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley or scallions
- In a large deep skillet with a lid, brown sausage.
- Add onions, celery and green peppers and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add cajun seasoning, tomatoes, stock and rice.
- Bring to a boil, turn down heat put lid on pan and simmer on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and place lid back on skillet and cook until a liquid absorbed and rice and shrimp are cooked.
- Serve with chopped parsley or scallions on top.
Calories: 1315kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 87g | Fat: 68g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 28g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 488mg | Sodium: 3810mg | Potassium: 1873mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 3402IU | Vitamin C: 91mg | Calcium: 261mg | Iron: 10mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.