Yankee Pot Roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 5 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces each) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 to 8 medium sized potatoes - quartered 2 cups peeled baby carrots
- 4 stalks celery - cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 large onions - quartered
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Season roast with garlic salt and pepper.
- Brown roast for a few minutes on each side.
- Place roast in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together soup, water, stock, and tomato paste.
- Pour the mixture over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the roast gets really tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions.
- Lift roast so vegetables are covered in the gravy.
- Cook on high for another hour or until veggies are tender.
- Remove roast and vegetables to a platter.
- Serve the gravy over the roast and vegetables.
Calories: 760kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 22g | Trans Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 1205mg | Potassium: 1547mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 156IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 6mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.