Wonderful Wedge Salad
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce
- 8 thick slices of vine ripe tomatoes or 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, - halved
- Salt and pepper
- 8 pieces of crispy bacon, - crumbled
- 1/2 to 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 2 cups of my Best Bleu Cheese Dressing -
- Remove core from lettuce.
- Cut lettuce into 4 wedges.
- Place one lettuce wedge on each plate.
- Place 2 slices of tomatoes next to each wedge, or sprinkle cherry or grapes tomatoes around it.
- Season the tomatoes with a little salt and pepper.
- Top the wedge with bleu cheese dressing, some crumbled bleu cheese, and bacon.
- Serve with fresh ground black pepper on the top.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 1348mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 143IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 198mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.