Slow Cooker Beef ‘n Beer Pot Roast
- 4 pound beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 envelopes (.87 ounces) dry brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 2 to 3 cups baby peeled carrots or 6 carrots peeled and cut in 3 inch chunks
- 6 stalks celery - cut in chunks
- 1 onion - cut in chunks
- 8 to 12 baby red potatoes - quartered
- Chopped fresh parsley - optional
- Season beef well with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a large bowl. Put roast in the bowl and coat in flour.
- Remove roast from flour and place roast in a large slow cooker.
- Empty two gravy packets into the same bowl with the extra flour.
- Whisk beer into remaining flour mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add potatoes and all vegetables and cook another hour or two on high until beef and veggies are fork-tender.
- Sprinkle roast and veggies with parsley before serving if you want to get fancy.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.