Slow Cooker Beef ‘n Beer Pot Roast
- 4 pound beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 envelopes (.87 ounces) dry brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 2 to 3 cups baby peeled carrots or 6 carrots peeled and cut in 3 inch chunks
- 6 stalks celery - cut in chunks
- 1 onion - cut in chunks
- 8 to 12 baby red potatoes - quartered
- Chopped fresh parsley - optional
- Season beef well with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a large bowl. Put roast in the bowl and coat in flour.
- Remove roast from flour and place roast in a large slow cooker.
- Empty two gravy packets into the same bowl with the extra flour.
- Whisk beer into remaining flour mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add potatoes and all vegetables and cook another hour or two on high until beef and veggies are fork-tender.
- Sprinkle roast and veggies with parsley before serving if you want to get fancy.
Calories: 607kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 278mg | Potassium: 1904mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4592IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 7mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.