Slow Cooker Apple Oatmeal
- 1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
- 2 apples - cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 to 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter - optional
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Coat inside of a 3 quart slow cooker with cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner.
- Dump in all ingredients. Stir well, cover, and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Great as is but we like to dress it up with fun toppings like extra brown sugar, vanilla yogurt, nuts, and raisins.
- You can double the recipe and do this in a larger slow cooker.
- Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.
- To reheat single servings, put about a cup of the cooked oatmeal in a microwave proof bowl.
- Add about 1/3 cup of milk.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir.
- Continue cooking for another 30 to 60 seconds, or until hot.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 192mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.