Slow Cooker Apple Sauce
- 12 to 14 large apples or 20 to 24 smaller apples - peeled and diced
- 1/4 to 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 to 2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and all the rest of the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Taste to see if more sugar is needed.
- If so, add a little more and stir well.
- If needed you can mash the apples a bit with a potato masher.
- If you like a really smooth apple sauce, transfer the cooled apple sauce to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
You can use granulated sugar instead of brown sugar. You can also throw in a few cinnamon sticks in place of ground cinnamon. Just be sure to remove them before mashing. This makes your house smell amazing! This also freezes great for up to 3 months.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 247mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 121IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.