Winter Fruit Salad
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 pears - diced
- 3 apples - diced
- 4 Kiwi - peeled and sliced
- 1 can (20 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Poppy seeds
- Zest oranges and squeeze the juice from both oranges.
- In a small bowl whisk orange juice and zest together with honey and poppy seeds.
- Toss all the fruit together in a bowl.
- Right before serving toss fruit with the orange poppy seed dressing.
- Serve right away.
If you are chopping fruit ahead, keep apples and pears from turning brown by or tossing them in a little Sprite or 7 Up. Tastes better than lemon juice and will keep them from turning brown for hours. Also, let the fruit at the market tell you what to put in your fruit salad. Use what looks best depending on what’s in season. You can also use seedless red or green grapes, banana or any other fruit that looks great!
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 400mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Vitamin C: 70mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.