Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo or large raw shrimp - peeled but tails on
- 1 pound bacon - not thick sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Zesty Italian dressing
- If using wooden skewers soak the skewers in water for at least a few hours.
- Cut bacon strips in half.
- Wrap a half piece of bacon around each shrimp.
- Slide a few shrimp on each skewer.
- Place skewers in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the top.
- Pour 1 cup of dressing over the top of shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill.
- Grill skewers for a few minutes on each side.
- Grill until shrimp turns pink and bacon gets crisp.
- You can also bake these in the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place skewers on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 15 minutes depending on the size of shrimp.
- Bake until shrimp are cooked through and bacon gets a little crisp.
- You can turn on the boiler and broil for a minute or two to crisp the bacon and the end of baking if needed.
Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 174mg | Sodium: 5128mg | Potassium: 355mg | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.