Asparagus Potato Frittata
- 2 cups Diced or sliced potato
- 8 to 10 Asparagus spears - trimmed and chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp Butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup Diced orange or red pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 6 Extra-large eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream or milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese - divided
- 1/2 cup Frozen peas - slightly thawed
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh dill or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a medium pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until just about tender.
- Remove potatoes from the pan.
- Place asparagus in that same water and boil a minute or two or until just tender. Don’t overcook.
- Drain and transfer asparagus to an ice water bath to cool. Dry asparagus well.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and cream or milk and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese together.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Melt butter or oil in a 10 inch oven-proof skillet.
- Add garlic and peppers. Sautee for 30 seconds, stirring constantly so you don’t burn garlic.
- Add potatoes and cook a minute or two.
- Add asparagus and peas and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Cook until edges begin to set; push cooked edges toward the center of the pan with a spatula.
- Continue cooking until the center begins to set, about 2 minutes more.
- Bake about 5 to 10 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and dill and parsley over the top.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
If you’re skillet has a plastic handle you can cover it well with heavy-duty foil to make it oven-safe.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 185mg | Potassium: 364mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.