Corned Beef Slow Cooker
- 4 pound corned beef brisket
- 4 ribs celery - cut into large chunks
- 2 onions - cut into quarters
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 12 ounces beer (one bottle)
- Place celery and onions in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place orned beef brisket, fat side up on top.
- If there is one sprinkle contents of seasoning packet over brisket
- Pour chicken stock and beer around sides of brisket.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours, or until brisket is fork-tender
- Serve with boiled or roasted veggies like potatoes, carrots and cabbage.
You can add potatoes, cabbage and carrots to the slow cooker the last 2 hours of cooking. These days if I have time I love to roast the veggies in the oven. I cut potatoes in half or quarters. Cut carrots in chunks. I like to buy the multi colored carrots leave whole or cut lengthwise. Core and then cut cabbage chunks or wedges. Place on a foiled lined large baking or even two. Drizzle with a good amount of olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Pre-heat oven to 425 or 450 degrees and roast veggies 25 to 35 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender and have slightly browned crispy eggs. you can brown for a couple minutes at the end if you want to get veggies a bit more browned and crispy.
Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 124mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 114IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.