Mighty Good Macaroni Salad
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni - cooked al dente and cooled
- 2-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrot
- 1/4 cup diced banana peppers
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar, and some salt and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least a few hours before serving.
- Before serving check to see if a little more mayo and salt and pepper is needed.
- When pasta is cool, mix in mayonnaise mixture and all vegetables.
- Mix thoroughly, season with salt and pepper.
- Place into refrigerator and chill for 1 hour for the flavors to combine.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2008IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.