Foil Packet Salmon and Asparagus
- 4 (6 oz) Skinless salmon fillets
- 1 lb Asparagus - ends trimmed
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced, plus lemon wedges for serving
- Fresh dill sprigs
- 4 large pieces 12-14 inches Heavy duty foil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Divide asparagus into 4 equal portions and layer in center of each length of foil.
- In a small bowl whisk together oil with garlic.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over asparagus then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer salmon fillets over asparagus.
- Drizzle top of each salmon fillet with olive oil mixture and season top with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each with about 2 sprigs dill and 2 lemon slices.
- Wrap sides of foil up over salmon then fold in top and bottom of foil to enclose making a packet, but don’t wrap too tightly.
- Place foil packets in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until salmon is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Unwrap and serve warm.
- You can also grill these packets over low heat.
Delicious served with extra lemon wedges to squeeze on top and my favorite Hoffman House Tartar Sauce
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 171mg | Potassium: 1108mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 955IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 4mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.