Tomato Basil Soup
- 3 cups Heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 56 ounces Diced fire roasted tomatoes (from cans)
- 1/4 cup Dried basil
- 1 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 Fresh chopped basil leaves
- In a large soup pan mix together tomatoes with juice, heavy cream, sugar, and a garlic salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Turn down heat.
- Simmer, and stir occasionally. for a minute or two.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, let the mixture cool a bit.
- Then, put it in your blender and puree in batches.
- Return soup to the pot. Heat to a simmer.
- Turn off heat and whisk in the cheese.
- Taste to see if a little more salt and pepper is needed.
- Serve in bowls with extra cheese and chopped fresh basil on top.
This soup makes everything better! Serve with croutons on top, garlic bread or, better yet, a grilled cheese sandwich for dunking and let me tell you, life is good! If you can’t find cans of fire roasted tomatoes, regular canned tomatoes will work fine.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 339mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1813IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 284mg | Iron: 6mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.