This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy. for more details.
Southern Style Mac ‘n Cheese
- 16 ounces macaroni - cooked al dente and drained
- 4 tablespoons butter - divided
- 5 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese - divided
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs or crushed butter crackers
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley - optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss hot macaroni with 3 tablespoons butter.
- In another bowl beat together eggs, milk, sour cream, garlic salt, pepper and Worcestershire.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add egg mixture to the pasta.
- Mix in 3 cups of cheese. Mix well.
- Spoon into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 2 cups of the shredded cheese.
- Melt remaining tablespoon of butter.
- In a bowl mix melted butter with breadcrumbs or crackers and parsley.
- Sprinkle mixture over the top of the cheese.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden on top.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.