This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy. for more details.
Sausage, Potato and Cabbage Skillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil - divided
- 2 tbsp butter - divided
- 2 to 3 partially cooked large to medium potatoes - diced into cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound Johnsonville Kielbasa sausage - cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced or sliced onion
- 4 to 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 tsp caraway seeds - optional
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 to 3 tbsp chopped Italian parsley - optional
- Whole-grain or German mustard - optional
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the oil and 1 tablespoon of butter on medium heat.
- Add the diced potatoes. Season the potatoes with some salt and pepper and fry them until golden for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the skillet to a plate and add the sausage and onion to the skillet and cook about 4 minutes or until sausage gets browned a bit and onions soften.
- Add butter to skillet and cabbage and cook on medium-high heat, for a few minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cook another couple minutes until cabbage starts to get tender.
- Stir in caraway seeds if using and the potatoes and heat a minute or two to warm.
- Garnish with parsley if you like.
- Great as is or served with mustard for dipping the sausage pieces.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.