Pork Tenderloin Tacos
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch-cubes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional) - optional
- 4 tablespoons olive oil - divided
- 1 yellow onion - sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- 4 tortillas (taco size) - warmed
- In a bowl, or in a Ziploc bag, mix the spices together.
- Toss the spices together with the pork so that pork is coated well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet medium-high heat.
- Add pork pieces and brown a few minutes on both sides. Don’t overcrowd the pan. You may have to do this in batches.
- Add remaining oil and onion and cook another 3 to 4 minutes stirring often until onion starts to soften and pork is cooked through.
- Stir in cilantro. Squeeze fresh lime juice on top. Toss to coat.
- Serve pork in warm tortillas.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.