Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 2 cans (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 whole roasted red peppers from jar or 3/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon or more kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- If too thick add a bit more olive oil or water.
- Hummus can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for a few days.
- Great with pita bread or pita chips.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0.2g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.