Pesto Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces Rotini (corkscrew) Pasta - cooked and cooled
- 1 cup Prepared pesto
- 1/3 cup Real mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Finely chopped yellow or red onion - optional
- 2 cups Cherry or grape tomatoes - halved
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Pine nuts
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 8 ounces Fresh cherry size mozzarella balls - optional
- Make the dressing by whisking together the pesto with the mayo and lemon juice.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add pine nuts.
- Toast them over medium-low heat in a small skillet for 3 to 4 minutes or until just lightly toasted.
- Let cool.
- In a big bowl toss together pasta with dressing.
- Toss in onions, tomatoes, half the pine nuts and mozzarella cheese if using.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving, sprinkle salad with remaining pine nuts and Parmesan Cheese and serve.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.