Mexican Pork Stew
Mexican Pork Stew
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 green pepper - chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 jar (16 ounces) green salsa
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) diced green chilies
- 2 to 3 cups cooked and shredded pork roast
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) white hominy - rinsed and drained
- Lime wedges
- Sour cream
- Diced avocados
- Diced fresh or pickled jalapeño peppers
- Chopped radishes
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped scallions
- Shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Heat oil in a large soup pan.
- Add onion, celery, and green pepper and cook about 5 minutes or until they start get soft.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add cumin, oregano, 4 cups chicken stock, salsa, green chilies, pork and hominy and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If too thick, add more stock or some water.
- To serve, ladle stew into bowls.
- Squeeze a little fresh lime juice on top!
- Put all the toppings out let everyone spoon on their favorites.
I make my Green Chili Pork Roast and use the leftovers to make this.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.03g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 68mg | Potassium: 382mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 163IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Hi Amy, I made your Green Chili Pork roast and then made this recipe for the Mexican Pork Stew, so GOOD!! Thank you so much for all your great recipes.
Thanks for sharing Diana! So glad you liked it! -Amy