30-Minute French Onion Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large yellow onion - sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (10 oz) can beef consommé
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Melt butter in medium-size saucepan.
- Add onion and sugar.
- Cook and stir 10 minutes, until onions are lightly brown.
- Add beef bouillon, water, brandy and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer 15 to 20 minutes
- Top with shredded Swiss or grated Parmesan cheese.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 501mg | Potassium: 533mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.