Quick Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 to 4 tbsp Butter or olive oil
- 2 cups Chopped onion
- 2 cups Chopped carrots
- 2 cups Chopped celery
- 2 tsp Garlic salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 8 to 12 cups Chicken stock
- 3 to 4 cups Cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- 1 bag (16 ounces) Egg noodles
- 1/4 cup Chopped Italian parsley
- In a large soup pan, melt butter.
- Sauté onions, carrots and celery for about 5 minutes until they get soft.
- Season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and 8 to 10 cups of stock.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add parsley and cooked noodles just before serving.
- I don’t like to add noodles ’til the very end, that way they don’t get mushy.
- If you like more broth, add more chicken stock.
Calories: 554kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 165mg | Sodium: 1030mg | Potassium: 875mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 7826IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.