- 2 tbsp Olive oil or butter
- 8 ounces Mushrooms - sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 3 cloves Minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups Uncooked couscous
- 1 cup Seeded diced tomatoes or grape or cherry tomatoes halved (optional) - optional
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Heat the oil or butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds stirring constantly.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and stir in the couscous.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat, cover it, and let it stand until all the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Stir in tomatoes if using and parsley.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.