Smothered Chicken Casserole
- 6 chicken breast halves - boneless, skinless
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jar (1.5 ounces) sliced dried beef
- 6 strips bacon
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cans (10.75 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds - optional
- Season chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper.
- Wrap each piece of chicken in a strip of bacon and then top with a few slices of dried beef and place in a 9″ x 13″ pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a big bowl, whisk together mushroom soup with sour cream, milk and wine. Pour over chicken
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for about an hour.
- Uncover and sprinkle almonds on top if you want.
- Bake another 20 minutes longer or until bubbly and almonds are toasted.
- Great with hot cooked rice, wild rice, mashed potatoes or noodles.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.