Baby Red Potato Salad
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes - washed well and cut into quarters
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups finely diced celery
- 4 hard boiled eggs - chopped
- 4 scallions - chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- Half pound bacon, cooked and crumbled - optional
- Fill a large pan with water. Add potatoes and salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Cook 10 to 20 minutes or until potatoes start to get tender.
- Don’t overcook them – we’re not mashing potatoes here!
- In a large bowl, whisk together next 4 ingredients.
- Add potatoes and remaining ingredients. Toss to coat.
- If mixture looks dry, add more mayonnaise.
- Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight until ready to serve.
- Before serving, check to see if more mayonnaise is needed.
- It should be nice and creamy!
- Garnish with more fresh chopped dill and scallions if you want.
Calories: 803kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 67g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 34g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 178mg | Sodium: 1373mg | Potassium: 1263mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 860IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 3mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.