Homemade Caramel Corn
- 12 cups Popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernels or about two bags of unbuttered microwave popcorn)
- 1 cup Light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Place the popped popcorn into a big bowl, one that is at least twice the volume of the popcorn itself.
- Remove any un-popped kernels and set aside.
- Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring enough to blend.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, boil for 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the baking soda and vanilla.
- Make sure the mixture is stirred very well, then immediately pour over the popcorn.
- Stir well to coat all of the popcorn.
- Spread coated popcorn out on one large or two smaller cookie sheets.
- Bake in a pre-heated 200 degree oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread out on waxed paper and let cool.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 98g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 490mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 72g | Vitamin A: 114IU | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.