- To shred softer cheese easier, place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- If you get a little mold on the outside of a chunk of cheese, just cut it off! Don’t throw it out!
- When adding cheese to a sauce, bring cheese to room temperature. It will melt much easier.
- Add the rind of Parmesan cheese to minestrone soup to add great flavor.
- If a recipe calls for one cup sour cream, you can substitute 1 cup cottage cheese blended until smooth with one tablespoon lemon juice.
- To soften cream cheese, quickly remove it from the foil wrapper and microwave it for 20 to 30 seconds
I’ll be adding more tips to this page over time! If you’re craving some easy breezy recipes, here are a few amazing recipes to try made with cheese: