Sunny Spinach Salad
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil or canola
- Salt and black pepper
- 9 to 12 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges - drained
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or pine nuts - toasted (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid add orange zest, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Shake well until dressing starts to thicken a bit.
- To serve, put the spinach in a large bowl.
- Toss with enough of the dressing to coat the spinach.
- Sprinkle salad with oranges, cheese, and nuts.
- Extra dressing keeps in the fridge for a week.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 479IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.