Shrimp & Cashew Stir-Fry
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 pound Uncooked medium to large shrimp - peeled & deveined
- 4 cups Fresh stir-fry veggies (broccoli, carrots, pea pods, peppers, etc)
- 2 to 3 cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 tsp Fresh grated ginger - optional
- 1/3 cup Cashews - save a few for garnish
- 1 to 3 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 3 Scallions - optional
- Whisk together first three ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat canola oil over med-high heat in a large sauté pan or wok.
- Add shrimp and cook on one side for about a minute.
- Flip over shrimp and cook another minute or so until it just turns pink.
- Add the stir fry veggies and cook over medium to high heat for a minute or two, stirring often.
- Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add cornstarch mixture and ginger to the pan.
- Bring to a boil until sauce thickens.
- If too thick add a bit more stock.
- Add sesame oil and soy sauce to taste.
- Add cashews.
- Serve over steamed white or brown rice.
- Garnish with extra cashews and scallions on top.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.