Asparagus With Lemon
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 pound asparagus
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest for garnish
- Snap about an inch from the bottoms of the asparagus stalks.
- Leave whole or cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces.
- Heat butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add asparagus and cook for 2 or 3 minutes, until asparagus is bright green and crisp-tender.
- Remove from skillet so asparagus does not overcook.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and lemon juice.
- Top with a little lemon zest.
Calories: 33kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 254mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 882IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.